Storytelling for Product Managers in the International Context
Time & Location
About The Event
Are you trying to influence in a new cultural context? You may be working with a team in a different country, or you have moved to a different country yourself and are now working in this new context. Or perhaps you haven’t moved at all, but each sub-group within your company has a slightly different culture.
Storytelling is the most powerful tool for influence. Yet storytelling changes from culture to culture. In this webinar, we will explore how the cultural context shifts our storytelling. Our panelists come from Asia, South America, and Europe. They have worked cross-culturally in America and South Asia. In this session, they’ll share their experience of unexpected culture shocks, how they adapted, what to expect while adapting, and how to thrive as a powerful storyteller in more than one culture.
- Chen Zheng - Director of Product Innovation @ Netflix
- Connie Kwan - CEO Product Maestro, VP product as a service. Connie is a Product Management executive from Silicon Valley with 16 years of Product Leadership Experience spanning blockchain, digital health, energy, hardtech and software (Atlassian, MSFT, CY, SPWR). She is an entrepreneur, advisor, and an active speaker on the topic of product storytelling. She teaches Storytelling for Product Leaders to help them influence up, down and across their organization. Kwan is a third Chinese, a third Canadian and a third American. Her professional experience spans US-based global companies and SEA-based companies. She brings the Asian/American context to this conversation.
- Helcio Nobre - CPO @ Rapyd. Helcio Nobre is Chief Product Officer at Rapyd, where he is helping build Rapyd’s fintech-as-a-service platforms. Rapyd has raised to date $180 million an is a fintech unicorn. Previously, Helcio was Senior Vice President of eCommerce and Mobile Commerce Products at Visa. In addition, as an entrepreneur, he co-founded Dabee Technology, acquired by MercadoLibre (NASDAQ: MELI) in 2015. Helcio is also an ex-Facebook and ex-PayPal.
- Tom Lozza - VP Product @ iPriceGroup. Tom is heading the product team at iPrice, SE Asia’s leading e-commerce price comparison site. In this role, he oversees the development of the iPrice product. His responsibilities also include strategic partnerships, such as the integration of the iPrice store in super apps. At the corporate level, he is driving initiatives to bed agility across the organization and transform iPrice into a learning organisation. Prior to iPrice, Tom undertook Product Owner and Technical Pre-Sales roles for regional telecom operators in Europe, North America and SE Asia.
7:00pm - 7:10pm Welcome and Intro
7:10pm - 8:00pm Panel Discussion
8:00pm - 9:00pm Optional Speed Networking Session
(Free registration here: https://www.runtheworld.today/app/invitation/8604)
- Donation (Online Ticket)$10$100$0