Fri, Jun 30|
PM to Founder Series: the Story of Tong Sui
Product Pub has invited Rozanne, cofounder of Tong Sui, to share her story of career transition from a PM to a startup founder, applying product thinking in identifying PMF, scaling and expanding the business.
Time & Location
Jun 30, 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
San Jose, 2665 N First St, San Jose, CA 95134
About The Event
- Rozanne, ex-PM@Ctrip, Tencent, Chefus, co-founded Tong Sui in 2020, and have scaled to 6 locations.
- Lydia Tang, Product Pub Board Member, Senior PM @ Tiktok
- Iris Qu, Product Pub Industry Insight Lead
Have you thought about founding your own startup? Join us at a close-door workshop to learn how such a career change looks like.
In this session, you will gain insights in the differences between a brick-and-mortar business and the IT industry. Rozanne will share how she leveraged product thinking from ideation to validation in building Tong Sui, exploring product-market fit, scaling the business, managing operations and supply chain. We will also have open roundtable discussions to brainstorm on a few challenges Tong Sui face today.
7:15 - 7:30 pm Event Check-in
7:30 - 8:45 pm Panel Discussion
- Preparation & Kickoff: How did the founding team come up with the idea of Tong Sui? How to kick off the project?
- 0 - 1 stage: What was the journey to Product Market Fit?
- 1 - 10 stage: How to leverage PM methodology to grow Tong Sui? How to manage people?
- Looking back: What advice will you give to PMs who also want to found a startup?
8:45 - 9:30 pm Roundtable Discussions: Challenges and thoughts on scaling and expansion
9:30 - 10:00 pm Social Time
We charge $20 for the day-to-day operation of the non-profit, and give small appreciation to the speakers and volunteers.